Join Together Northern Nevada is hiring team members!
We are looking for ambitious and qualified candidates for the following position:
ORGANIZATION: Join Together Northern Nevada (JTNN) is a nonprofit substance abuse coalition that brings citizens, agencies, businesses, and government organizations together toward the common goal of building a healthy, drug free community. Visit us at www.jtnn.org.
POSITION: Prevention Specialist (P/T) – 20-29 hours per week
Salary: $18-20/hour depending on experience and qualifications
Benefits include vacation pay, sick pay, and paid holidays. No medical.
SUMMARY: Seeking a Prevention Specialist to provide education about addiction-related topics to various community audiences, manage special projects and events, and represent JTNN through various activities in the community. Must possess a high level of professionalism, good planning and organizational skills, well developed interpersonal and communication skills, and a professional appearance.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Background in prevention, education, collaboration or program development preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate skills in problem solving, coordination of activities and events, and verbal and written communication with key stakeholders.
- Ability to speak to large groups and facilitate conversations about complex topics.
- Working understanding of drug and alcohol prevention, intervention and treatment, and local culture or the willingness to learn.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to meet grant deliverables.
- Willingness to be flexible with work schedule to accommodate organization’s needs.
- Ability to maintain professional and ethical standards at all times.
- Ability to represent JTNN positively in the community at large.
- Excellent organizational and research skills.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in the English language.
- Computer and Internet literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must provide own transportation and proof of a current Nevada driver’s license and insurance upon accepting the position.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen test.
- Develop content and deliver educational presentations to audiences such as, but not limited to: professional associations; healthcare personnel; school administrators; parents; and local business owners on topics such as prevention, underage drinking, addictive drugs, and JTNN committee work.
- Coordinate/attend/participate in community meetings/events to share knowledge and resources, collect data, and build or strengthen community partnerships with local leaders and stakeholders.
- Provide support for agency education events and/or fundraisers such as developing an agenda, organizing an attendance lists, and providing onsite event management.
- Prepare and submit quarterly grant reports.
- Mentor and supervise interns.
- Facilitate committee meetings, organize task forces, and prepare typed minutes.
- Other project-related duties as assigned.
Communication: Able to read, analyze, and interpret reports, grants, and general business documents. Able to write reports, correspondence and emails.
Facilitation and Conflict Resolution: Comfortable in managing dialogue in meetings or other situations with individuals having conflicting opinions or beliefs. Able to highlight strengths and common goals and find ways to collectively compromise for the larger goal.
Maintain Records: Maintain grant and account files and retrieve information when needed.
Commitment to Social Change: Willing and able to engage in community-based activities and efforts that focus on changing social norms, attitudes and behaviors about drugs and alcohol.
Must Have Skill and Ability to: Learn to efficiently use various software applications, follow instructions, organize and prioritize work, perform basic research, and work cooperatively.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand or sit for extended periods. The employee will also be required to occasionally stoop, bend, and reach. The employee is required to use hand to finger, handle or operate objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, and be able to hear and speak. Duties will require walking and driving. Must be able to lift and or move up to 20 pounds for short distances.