JTNN’s Prevention Committee consists of the coalitions’ sub-grantees and community members. The group works together to educate parents, employers, and youth on substance abuse.
Some of the group’s activities include:
- Recruiting students for the Speak Out youth program,
- Developing and editing educational presentations for various audiences,
- Procuring venues and audiences for presentations,
- Participating in and promoting National Drug Facts Week, NCADD Alcohol Awareness Month, and other months dedicated to drug awareness,
- Generating new avenues for reaching out to and educating parents, youth, employers, and others in Washoe County.
The Prevention Committee is continuously looking for fresh ways to engage and educate the community. For information on how to get involved please email firstname.lastname@example.org.